Monday, May 20, 2013

29th Street Trailhead, Ogden


29th Street Trailhead, Ogden, Utah, 2013

It was late September in 2011. I was hiking in the mountains above Ogden, Utah. It was just before dusk with the sun setting but still lighting up the mountains. On my way back down the trail after many had already descended, I stopped to rest and looked up into the canyon I stood in front of and thought I saw something large and black standing in the scrub oak above the trails. I stood and waived at it to try and get its attention.

A few seconds after I waived, I saw movement to the left. I saw something tall and black jump out from behind some rocks, jump onto a large rock, jump behind another rock, and peek out the left side of the rock down at me. The rocks were cream colored without any scrub oak nearby so the black stood out very well. This all happened very fast. I saw what I thought were tan-colored shoes, which I later determined to be the feet. The color of its face was the color I can only call as a beige/gray. It had short, black hair all around the face.

I stood there speechless and numb. I couldn't move for a few seconds. I kept asking myself, “Did I see a Bigfoot?”, “Who is hiking up here in this heat with sweat pants and a jacket with the hood over his head?” “Nobody can jump that far!” It dawned on me that I might have seen a Bigfoot. Nervously, I started waiving goodbye. I could not make out whether it waived back at me, though. Realizing the light was fading fast I turned and made my way down the hill before the remaining light was gone.

Analyzing the facts in my head, I used the nearby scrub oak as a guide, which grows higher in places than my short 5 foot 3 inches, meant to me the figure I saw was bigger than a person. The stride of the Bigfoot as it jumped was well beyond that of a person as well. The build of this Bigfoot, which differed from other descriptions, reminded me of the video of the three Bigfoots caught on camera while the Utah kids that were sledding down a hill.

Source: Maida Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment